“JUST IN TIME INVENTORY” FOR PRODUCTION
- Utilize a multitude of options to facilitate manufacturing requirements to precisely deliver parts in the proper sequence.
- Determine how the products get packaged and labeled to the specifications of the requirements.
- Choose when to sequence. For example, after a build in batch/bulk, items can be sequenced at the end of the manufacturing process, organizing parts in the optimal sequence in the shipping rack.
- The system assists in organizing the shipping racks and loading the shipping containers in the proper sequence.
- If you prefer doing business, as usual, we can integrate with third-party sequencers.
- If you prefer to build in sequence, the system is there to help.
BUILD IN SEQUENCE BENEFITS
- Once the supplier receives the build sequence, it is imported into WISE WMS. The manufacturer builds the parts to match the sequence as communicated in the Receipt of Sequencing Requirements. Facilitating smooth sequencing and just in time inventory from the very start.
- WISE WMS accommodates customizable variations of build sequence considering the nature of the product and how the product is packed at the end of the line, and how the shipping racks are loaded on the truck.
- Reversing the build sequence of parts to accommodate packing requirements is simple with WISE. This also helps ensure FIFO principles are met, despite the design of a shipping rack, which may only allow for the last part placed in it to be pulled first by the manufacturer. WISE’s utility makes it easy to reverse build into containers due to a lack of floor space for storage.
- Maximize Floor Space with WISE – Just in time inventory. We remove the need to store more than a minimal amount of finished goods.
SEQUENCE LABELING OF RACKS
- Create rack labels of varying sizes and specifications. Example standard 4″ x 6″ (or 4″ x 6.5″) It can also be a simple 8.5″ x 11 piece of paper (without the adhesive), with or without a barcode.
- We comply with AIAG-type shipping labels. Common details include rack number, high and low sequence number, Plant ID, Line ID, and custom label options that meet the manufacturer requirements. We can also include a grid schematic of the rack with part numbers listed in the appropriate rack positions.
- Royal 4 Systems will work closely with the manufacturer to identify label specification requirements to ensure the appropriate size and content are applied.
- Often there are pre-defined labeling guidelines for all manufacturers, with the flexibility for each plant to have some variations in the labels.
- The level of details and options we offer provides increased efficiency and accuracy for just in time inventory.
BUILD IN BATCH AND PACK
- Suppliers often adopt this method due to its simplicity to implement in WISE.
- Taking advantage of the powerful sequencing engine in WISE, products are built-in batch, packed, and then placed in the rack/container in the specified sequence and shipped.
- For just in time inventory, these items are shipped promptly to reduce the need for additional floor space, which is typical of this model.
- Automation is a key feature in WISE WMS that can be utilized in ‘build in batch and pack” in ways like; pick to light assistance, automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS), conveyor lines driven by requirements, and Radio Frequency (WISE-RF) directed picking.
- Our WMS 3PL WISE keeps close track of the inventory levels, which is especially helpful when engineering changes occur.
SEQUENCE LABELING OF PARTS
- WISE helps produce labels that meet the requirements of suppliers, manufacturers, and each plant. These labels are affixed to parts and shipping racks.
- For sequenced parts, our labels typically include a bar-coded label, along with some other basic part information, such as sequence number, customer part number, etc.
- The positioning of the labels on parts requires coordination and planning. When parts do not have class B surfaces, we offer alternate solutions.
- Part labels can vary in size from as small as .75″ x 1.5″ to a more common 2″ x 4″ label size or larger.